"Edited to Add"....

This started as a pregnancy blog when I fell pregnant in May 2009 after four years of finding a donor, doing all the counselling / paperwork / tests and trying.

And now, thanks to a 4WD which skidded onto our side of the road, killing our baby daughter at 34w and injuring me, my partner and two of my stepdaughters on 27 December 2009, it has turned into something else. We didn't want this something else, but apparently it is all we've got to go on with.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Irrefutable proof that I have already turned into my grandma

In an act of pure, leafy generosity, our camellia bush has burst into flower just as things have been extra rough. When everything else in the garden is doing its best dead stick impression, the camellia is relishing the cold and lavishing us with its pinky goodness.

El Prima has been sending me photos through the day at work just to cheer me up. I couldn't resist sneaking out in the cold morning and taking some photos. I don't think this counts as showing-off as we did absolutely nothing to deserve such a display - clearly she thrives on neglect.



I know! What is this - four posts within 24 hours? Unheard of. I think, though, it is a good sign. And thank you to A for pestering me about updating more regularly. You know who you are! Enjoy it while it lasts. xxxxh

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words & stopping by my blog! I'm so deeply sorry for the tragic loss of your daughter. The flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca - Not at all - thanks to you too. Glad you like the camellias. xxxh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oof! I think I closed the window before posting my comment... I am glad to hear your updates, sporadic or frequent.
    I love your flowers. A time of new beginnings in unlikely circumstances. I can only imagine hor frustrating and insulting the paperwork and appplication process must be for you but I am glad you are forging ahead. I hope the journey is swift and uneventful. Looking forward to more.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristin - they swell my heart every time I walk out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Schro - thanks for the good wishes. Something uncomplicated would be lovely (if a bit out of character for our lives). xxxh

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah now why do i have boy george in my head? my neighbour has two magnificent white camellias which poke over my fence and look as beautiful as yours, all i have right now is frost ridden rhubarb and a sticky looking fig tree. tis good to see beauty in the world, sending love, anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SURE boy george is a big fan of camellias - and azalias and magnolias, just like my grandma! Good to hear you've got some camellia love too, even if it is borrowed from next door. You'll be laughing when the figs come. Love to you too, xxxh

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've pruned the living golly out of our camellias in order to get more sunlight on our poor lettuces, so I hope they can still flower as beautifully as yours - I shall look out now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are pretty tough - I'm sure they'll recover. Hope your lettuces are doing alright! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. just realised boy george's song was about chameleons !! haha duh xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just spent a good few minutes gazing at those flowers and sighing, under my breath "aaaaahhhhh, Australiaaaahhhh" .... :)

    ReplyDelete